Saturday, November 24, 2007

All about me

A headbanger? Freak? Nerd? Jock? Prep? "Smart kid"? Invisible? Popular? Goth? Nobody? Stereotypical?

I don't know, and I'm not the one to give myself a label, because that's not fair. After all, it's what other people think of me that counts in a label, right? (Not to be mistaken that any of that crap matters to me.)

So here it is, I'll give it to you straight:
  • The most important thing in my life right now (after God) is my friends and family. I'd take a bullet for any of them, and if they asked me to, I'd follow them to the grave. (Hey, I know where I'm going.)
  • My hair grows too fast, sometimes I like it. Sometimes I don't.
  • I'm one of those people who will drink coffee, be tired all day, and then blame random spurts of psycho on it three days later.
  • I eat my Thanksgiving dinner all mushed together. (turkey, mashed potatoes, beets, squash, turnips, sweet potatoes, peas, corn, and cranberry sauce)
  • I read for fun, but I skim for school.
  • History is my favorite class, but English is my favorite subject.
  • Sometimes I'll forget to brush my hair and nobody can tell the difference.
  • I either wear clothes that fit, but don't match; or I'll wear clothes that match, but don't fit.
  • I'm clothing challenged, but spending satisfactory.
  • I love to write poetry, stories, songs, anything I can communicate in letters, numbers, and punctuation.
  • That might be why I like practicing algebra so much.
  • Chocolate over vanilla.
  • Vanilla over kahlua. ;)
  • I'd rather spend a week in school than a day in jail, but I'd rather spend a week in jail than a day in college. (Not that I really have a choice)
  • I ace school, but I fail with a social life.
  • I like to think, especially if it's to prove someone else wrong!! :D (just kidding)
  • I have a love-hate relationship with my ability to see both sides of an argument. (hate being when it's my argument, and I'm losing.)
  • I love to sing and show off, but I don't know how to accept compliments on my voice. (it's only mediocre anyway)
  • I love writing, but I don't know how to deal with criticism from some people.
  • I hate when things come out of my mouth the wrong way, and I hate it when it's true, just not eloquent.
  • I love it when I can make someone smile when they're having a bad day, and I hate it when someone else can't make me smile, just cuz I'm being a jerk.
  • I hate it when people think I'll be insulted by something they say about me, so they don't say it, no matter how true it is.
  • I hate it when people pretend to be my friends.
  • I love the middle of fall, when the air is smoky-sharp, and the wind is howling through the tops of the trees, and I can still keep my window open to hear it.
  • I love sparring. Actually, I like hitting anything, really.
  • I'm afraid of going numb.
  • I'm afraid of losing my best friends.
  • My favorite color? Orange, black, white, or deep red.

So does that define me? Is that the girl I see in the mirror every morning? Or is the girl in the mirror just a cover up, a fancy title to a badly written book.

Emo today.

Katy

No comments: