Monday, October 20, 2008

Stealing a meme again: Book meme.

Found this meme on Petula's blog. and I'm an addict with meme things, so I figured I'd post it.

The rules:
Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.
Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one: pick the
CLOSEST.
Tag five other people to do the same.

The book I grabbed was Feed by M.T. Anderson. I checked it out cuz of the awesome cover (yeah, yeah, I know "don't judge a book by it's cover" but does it count if it was only a first impression?) and I tore it apart today when I stayed home from school with a fever.

He just kept shaking his head and going, "Yeah," "Yeah," "Yeah," "Oh, yeah," "Yeah," "Shit," "Yeah."
Finally, he stood up. I could tell he was pissed. He held up his hands. He said, "They want to subpoena your memories.
Weirdly enough, that was a pretty important part of the book...

Anyway, I tag:
Aunty Joy

She's the only one I'm gonna bother tagging, cuz I'm not really connected with many other bloggers. But anyway, comment!! :^]

1 comment:

AlwaysJoy said...

Okay I grabbed Mary Poppins comes back and page 56 only has 5 sentences.
so I chose the last one
Still keeping her eyes fixed on Mary
poppins she staggered backwards down the steps, then she turned and went stumbling unevenly down the garden path