Saturday, June 9, 2007

the inevitable week of DC migranes is over and now i'm back.

Here's the short version:

DC. The car rides were fun. Nothing else was. I'm trying to avoid a lawsuit here, so I can't say anything else for fear of my head being bitten off...

If you really want to read it, here are the entries i wrote in my notebook while I was there, when they didn't steal my notebook so I couldn't write:

Sunday - 6:40 AM -
Just left school. We're on our way to DC!!! The car's packed and I'm pumped!!!!! I can NOT wait for this week to get started!!!
4:50 PM -
We decided to go to Medieval Times for dinner. Sat behind the Green Knight, but the Red Knight's way cooler.
An hour or so later -
The Green Knight won the competition, but the Red Knight saved the day. I'm happy.

Monday -
Today started out fun. The people as individuals aren't bad, but the whole group is like a demon, hold for a couple people. Some of the girls have decided to suck the fun out of everything by - Okay, I'll make it short. They just suck okay? Me and two of my friends were in the guys' van (Which is a totally sexist name for it, by the way. It's just a purple van!) with two other girls, but I was completely ignoring them. So me and the guys were having a great time discussing music and what we were excited about doing in DC - well, not one of my friends, she was drooling. But anyway, we were having lots of fun. We get to the restaurant and then the other girls start complaining that they want to go in the "History Mobile" (a.k.a. the guys' van)Yeah right. They just want to flirt. Knock it off people. You're screwing with my friendships because you're bored. And then they had to whine until they got their way. I thought this'd be different than school. I was wrong... And I want to go home.

That's basically when I stopped writing entries. They were going to be too long to put in one blog entry, so I decided not to bother. But if you want a recap of the rest of the trip, here you go:

By Tuesday, the girl chaperones had decided that gossipping about the students and making fun of them when they thought no one could hear was the new "thing to do". It's not. And I hated it. Because I always seemed to be around when they were talking about my friends. And I heard it all. The one time me and someone else tried to stand up to them, they treated us like we were completely immature saying "Do you have a problem? You shouldn't be listening in on other people's conversations you know. That's called eavesdropping. Did you know that?" Well, hey lady, guess what? You shouldn't be having conversations about the students behind their backs. Either say it to their faces, or keep it to yourself.

The monuments were cool though. I especially liked the Jefferson Monument and the World War II Memorial. Lots of really inspiring quotes. Call me a literary dork. Whatever. But I thought they were pretty cool, and I had some really neat discussions with my history teacher about the Supreme Court and what some of the quotes in the monuments meant or signified.

I got some great pictures too, but most of the time I was bugged by the chaperones. Their bad attitudes really ruined the trip for me.

No comments: